Welcome to the second Beta Weekend for OrbusVR: Reborn! We've got a whole lot of new content for you to test, including new zones, a new class, public events, new enemies, and more!
Important Note: The OrbusVR: Reborn Beta is currently open to all current owners of OrbusVR. If you have previously purchased the game and logged in via your Steam or Oculus account, you will have access. If you don't own the game and want to participate in the Beta, you can purchase it and receive immediate access. Since OrbusVR: Reborn is a free update to all existing OrbusVR owners, it's basically like pre-ordering the new game.
Installing the Beta
Installing the Beta is relatively easy and straightforward. Just download the OrbusVR: Reborn Beta Launcher here:
Then unzip that file to anywhere on your computer (we recommend your Desktop for ease of access; avoid places like the Program Files directory that require Administrator permissions). Once it's unzipped, open it up and run the "OrbusVR_Launcher.exe" file in the folder.
You'll be prompted to log in to your OrbusVR account. Assuming you are successful and that it detects that you own the game, the Beta files will begin to download. The total download size is around 2.5GB.
Once the files are installed, you'll be able to press the Launch button to get into the game! It's that easy!
During the Beta Test
During the test itself, please be sure to keep an eye on our forums. We've set up a category and will be making posts asking for specific feedback on different areas of the game. We'll also have a general technical support thread if you run into any issues while attempting to install or play the beta.
(Note that the servers will not be online until 12 PM Noon US Central Time on Friday, so before then you will see a "Server Offline" message.)
Since last test we've made many major improvements to the game, including additional content, re-worked combat scaling, new activities such as Battlegrounds and the Shaman class as well as Public Events, and more.
Be sure if you haven't already to check out the following for additional information on everything that there is new in this test:
For this test, the feedback that is most helpful to us is:
- Feedback on the Public Events system. Although not totally finished, we'd love to hear if you find the events interesting, challenging, fun, etc.
- Feedback on the new Shaman class
- How are you finding the new combat scaling, and leveling up and exploring the world?
- Feedback on the new mechanics for the new enemy race
- Feedback on Highsteppe and the other new areas introduced in the game, such as Lamavora Frontier
- Testing out the missions that are available and completing them
- Feedback on the new gear including the gold and silver foil versions
- Check out the Open World PvP and queue up for the Battlegrounds and give us your thoughts on those
Of course we welcome all of your questions and comments, but the above are the areas we are most focused on for this test, and therefore that feedback will be the most helpful to use right now.
Thanks for joining us for this test, and please be sure to leave us your comments on our forum!