It's hard to believe that it's been only a few weeks since OrbusVR entered Early Access! There's been a crazy amount of stuff happening with the game and I wanted to write up a quick blog post to highlight a few things.
First off, our little community continues to grow in size at an amazing rate. I'm pleased to announce that as of today more than 8,000 people have purchased the game (including our pre-EA sales via Kickstarter and the website). We're regularly one of the most-played games on VRLFG (in fact as I write this we're sitting in the number two spot of VR-only multiplayer games right behind Rec Room). We're seeing 300+ concurrent players online during peak times which makes the game feel very full and exciting. Indeed, as of right now we're currently at the top of the Top Sellers of VR games on Steam! Amazing! A few other stats:
- More than 70,000 hours has been played in-game since EA began on December 15th.
- According to Steam's own tracking metrics, the average time played for all purchasers is 8 hours and 54 minutes
- 84 players have achieved Level 20, and Kolies was the first player to achieve the Master Class achievement, having earned Level 20 in all four combat classes on the same character.
Thank you to everyone who has left us a Steam review, spread the word on social media, and just generally helped tell people that they should join us for this great new experience. (And please keep doing so!)
The Community Forums have also been full of new suggestions, bug reports, and other feedback, and we're responding as quickly as we can and reading all of your thoughts and ideas for the future of the game. My to do list is about a mile long at this point but that's a great problem to have!
Today we released Patch 3.50, which is our seventh major patch in just a few weeks. I expect that from here on out we'll be releasing a new major patch about once a week, with some additional minor patches in-between to keep addressing ongoing issues such as crashes.
You can read the full Patch Notes to get the scoop on everything that's in this patch, but some of the highlights include:
- Lore Books being introduced, which are in-game books you can read for more information on the world
- Changes to the PvP Bandit flagging system to fill in some gaps that have been found by the community
- Bugfixes and improvements to Status Effects and Affixes
- Fixes to the voice chat system
We're also opening up bids for our first-ever Market Stall Auction. If you wish to lease a stall of your very own, you can find information on the rules for submitting a bid on the forums.
We've already got a few of the major features for Content Patch One out the door such as the Lore Books, the Market Stall Auction, and Surnames. We'll continue working on the rest including the new Tradu Mines Dungeon over the next couple of weeks. We are on-track to hit our target release date of January 29th.
In addition to that, we're working on some quality of life improvements for the game and we're always relentlessly squashing bugs to help make the game more stable and improve the overall play experience for everyone.
Hope that you're having as much fun as we are, and we'll see you in-game!