Welcome to the fourth Beta Weekend for OrbusVR: Reborn beginning Friday February 22nd at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time! We've got a whole lot of new content for you to test, including new zones, a new class, public events, new enemies, missions, and more!
Important Note: The OrbusVR: Reborn Beta is currently open to all current owners of OrbusVR. If you have previously purchased the game and logged in via your Steam or Oculus account, you will have access. If you don't own the game and want to participate in the Beta, you can purchase it and receive immediate access. Since OrbusVR: Reborn is a free update to all existing OrbusVR owners, it's basically like pre-ordering the new game.
Installing the Beta
Installing the Beta is relatively easy and straightforward. Just download the OrbusVR: Reborn Beta Launcher here:
Then unzip that file to anywhere on your computer (we recommend your Desktop for ease of access; avoid places like the Program Files directory that require Administrator permissions). Once it's unzipped, open it up and run the "OrbusVR_Launcher.exe" file in the folder.
You'll be prompted to log in to your OrbusVR account. Assuming you are successful and that it detects that you own the game, the Beta files will begin to download. The total download size is around 2.5GB.
Once the files are installed, you'll be able to press the Launch button to get into the game! It's that easy!
During the Beta Test
During the test itself, please be sure to keep an eye on our forums. We've set up a category and will be making posts asking for specific feedback on different areas of the game. We'll also have a general technical support thread if you run into any issues while attempting to install or play the beta.
(Note that the servers will not be online until 12 PM Noon US Central Time on Friday, so before then you will see a "Server Offline" message.)
Since last test we've made many major improvements to the game, including additional content, new Public Events, the new Scoundrel, our second dungeon, around 100 missions, and more.
Be sure if you haven't already to check out the following for additional information on everything that there is new in this test:
- Dev Blog: Scoundrel, Auction House, Honor Ranks
- Dev Blog: Titles, Character Re-Customization
- Dev Blog: Dev World Boss, Responsive Healthbars, New Zones
- Full Patch Notes
For this test, the feedback that is most helpful to us is:
- Feedback on the new Public Events that we've added, and continuing feedback on the Public Events in general.
- Feedback on the new Scoundrel class
- Feedback on the new dungeon, The Sewers (try using the dungeon queue to find a group!)
- Feedback on the new PvP Honor Ranks
- Feedback on the new zones introduced to the game and the changes to Highsteppe
- Testing out the missions that are available and completing them
- Feedback on the Player House changes and the new Auction House feature
- Feedback on other new miscellaneous features such as the new Warrior and Runemage talents, the new Character Creation, the Titles, etc.
Of course we welcome all of your questions and comments, but the above are the areas we are most focused on for this test, and therefore that feedback will be the most helpful to use right now.
Thanks for joining us for this test, and please be sure to leave us your comments on our forum!